The Valley Trust Administrator deals with the day to day running of the trust and acts as a liaison between the Trustees, Supervisors and Counsellors. Sarah Hurst has many years secretarial and administrative experience and a Diploma in International Marketing. Sarah is the point of contact for existing and new enquiries, tel: 01483 454533
Supervisors and Counsellors
All counsellors’ activities are regularly reviewed by Trust-appointed supervisors, who are themselves highly experienced counsellors with an excellent understanding of working standards and compliance within the profession.
All Valley Trust counsellors are trained and accredited to the standards set by The British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). They work within the BACP’s ethical framework and adhere to their Code of Conduct. All our counsellors have their Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) clearance and have their own Indemnity Insurance.
The Trust provides a comprehensive package of resources and support to every counsellor working on its behalf in schools. This includes regular one-to-one and group supervision sessions with experienced and qualified supervisors. In addition, the Trust offers opportunities for ongoing training and development, both in house and through other providers, e.g. Surrey Children’s Services, Common Assessment Framework training, and Safeguarding Training.
Our counsellors come from a wide range of counselling and psychotherapeutic theoretical backgrounds and all have considerable experience of working with children and young people. Each brings a range of valuable additional skills to their work from relevant settings, including teaching and education, health, and play therapy, and they utilise these skills within our Core Framework.
Board of Trustees
Our Board of Trustees bring a range of valuable skills, experience and expertise to their role. They meet quarterly and receive regular thorough reporting as to the finances and governance of the charity, and ensure that we are fulfilling our objectives in every respect.
- Alan Thorpe FCA is a qualified accountant with a range of commercial experience. He acts as the Trust’s Financial Director in addition to his Trustee duties.
- Richard Fernie BSc FRSA – Has extensive business experience having been Managing Director of several major plc subsidiaries and latterly developed his expertise buying into and growing smaller businesses.
- Peter Stansfield BA(Hons) recently retired after a thirty-eight year career in industry and commerce where he operated at director level in the human resources area in a range of blue chip companies.
- Jackie Rose Adv Dip Couns. MBACP, PTUK as a qualified counsellor working in schools and private practice she brings a wealth of experience required to maintain a high quality service to all our users.
- Terry Martiny has over 25 years experience in marketing with multi-national companies bringing a wealth of experience to the Trust.
- Ben Elger is currently the Chief Operating Officer and Company Secretary at the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education based in Reading. His knowledge within the schools environment is an important asset within the Trust.