Our mission is to provide a confidential counselling service to pupils in schools with emotional, social or behavioural problems and to enable them to function more effectively in school or at home.
- Everyone, whatever their age, should have the opportunity to express their feelings and concerns
- Everyone has the right to be listened to in a non-judgemental way
- Everyone should have the opportunity to be assisted to improve troubled relationships, to come to terms with loss and other life changes and to discover their own intrinsic self worth
- Counselling provides time to share problems and concerns in a non-judgemental setting
- Counselling can provide the opportunity, in a confidential setting, to talk with the Counsellor in a way that could lead to the release of long-suppressed information that may be causing distress
- Counselling can help children and young people build positive self esteem and gain insight into developing more effective relationships
We aim, therefore, to offer a continually-improving service to increasing numbers of school children.